"Faites que le reve devore votre vie afin que la vie ne devore pas votre reve"
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, August 31, 2012


Many years ago, I was a student in Florence/Firenze,
there I discovered focaccia, and ever since I have been trying to make my own.
Well it has been an adventure, many tries, not all successful 
but at least eatable...
This time, I think I have some success,
not perfect but I am pleased with the result,
and it is very tasty!

Everything tastes better with wine, cheese and garden tomatoes!

I used the recipe from "Baking with Julia", simple:
 2 1/4 cup tepid water
2 Tbsp active dry east
1/4 cup olive oil
6 1/2 cup of unbleached all-purpose flower
4 tsp salt

the real trick: let the dough rest in the fridge for 24 to 36 hours after the second rise.

It requires a lot of planning but you can see and taste the difference!
Before baking cover with olive oil, coarse sea salt and fresh thyme.


Happy day!


Flowers in the Window said...

Mmmm.... looks delicious. I don't do much cooking but I've always enjoyed baking so I may well try this. thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks delicious especially with your gorgeous tray in the background :) Maggie xx

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

Des que j'ai une vrai cuisine je vais essayer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...