Thursday, May 12, 2016

outdoor dining {One Room Challenge} week six: the reveal!

This is it, the big reveal from the One Room Challenge!

The rain stopped long enough to let me finish a couple things
and enjoy our first al fresco dinner for Mother's day!
And it was just I dreamed it would be:




The new table is huge,
I set it up for 6, but 8 will fit easily.


probably 3 people can sit there for a meal, especially children!


and made from old deck parts!


The colors of the seating area: indigo, turquoise/aqua and green are perfect with the eating area


The wall light stands out on the freshly repainted walls.
The string lights turned out beautifully,
the second row of light went faster than the first!


And at night, it gives the perfect glow for a meal,


or lounging on the couch.

I would say that overall, it was a great success,
even if not everything was done,
too much rain, not enough time!





sharing at decor to adore

18 comments:

  1. Love the transformation! What a nice spot to enjoy the great outdoors. I love the twinkle light and the shot of it at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dining there has been a very pleasant experience, I wish we could use it more often...

      Delete
  2. Your table is so beautiful! I love the way you have a bench on one side and chairs on the other. I've been leaning towards function like that for a while now. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! I must say I am very pleased with the table.

      Delete
  3. Wow! It turned out amazing! Great job! I love it! I especially love the string lights for night time dining! So pretty! :)

    ginnie / www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginnie. Once we found the proper way to attach the lights, they became my favorite part too. Now it needs to stop raining so that we can enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. :) It looks like an enchanted forest at night! :) Beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Love your new table and the patio looks wonderful! What a sweet spot to spend your free time, just relaxing with family and friends. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. We are planning a few gatherings with enough sitting for everybody!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely outdoor room you have now Morgane! I love the wall trellis you added, and yes, that Dining table is awesome! I bet summer parties will be more frequent AT your house! Congrats and CHEERS to us for another room done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific transformation. The string lights make every day a party. Thank you so much for linking up to Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You make our gathering a happier place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, the string lights do make everything better!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us at TOHOT.
    Your inspiration today brought joy to us all.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your table! I am planning on building one for my next project since it is getting warmer out and we will be spending more time outside. I love that you upcycled it!

    - Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jaclyn! it was not hard to build, just large pieces of wood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table! And the string lights add such a welcoming ambiance.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...