Sunday, September 16, 2012

making more crates

After making my first crate and enjoying the storage space,
I realized we needed more.
We have a small pantry, with no space for drinks.
And with the kids packing their lunch everyday,
there are a lot of milk boxes and juice pouches.
Even Mon Cheri adds to the volume with his V8.



So what's a crafter to do but built some more?


The smaller crate is the same size as my first one, I used this image from the Graphics Fairy-DIY.
I ironed the picture printed on contact paper with laser printer like on my tutorial
It is extremely fast, about 1-2 minutes on a flat surface!

For the bigger crate I kept the same depth, but made it wider.
Once again I ironed a cool pic from the Graphics Fairy-DIY.

Here is a detail of the pictures,
the transfers are pretty good, not perfect, but it gives them an antique look.


Since there is no drying time with this technique,
I stained the crates right away with early american



And here there are in "action!"
That's what I call major improvement!
It is pretty, less messy and the puppy chews way less cardboard!
Now I really need to address the top of this cart, 
we use the top for all the school papers and homework,
pencils and other random things that arrive from school or mail....
must find a way to fix this "area"...
luckily I have some scraps of wood,
I am sure I will think of something!


Happy day!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
The Graphics Fairy

9 comments:

  1. Your crates are gorgeous! Now that's how to dress up some V8 LOL! Coming over from the Graphics Fairy and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Great job!! http://apalaceinwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! Great job!! http://apalaceinwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vintage transfer crates came out beautifully, Morgane--now I want to try this! I could see this technique used for boxes on bookcases, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your kind comments!
    These crates are so practical, they totally change the look of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those crates are GORGEOUS! I just love them; they're so pretty and totally functional. Thanks so much for sharing this at The CSI Project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!!!! Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius! Why am I waiting to find crates and hope they are the size I want??? I can make my own with materials I already have!

    You've inspired me today, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...