Monday, September 26, 2016

a late summer trip to Brittany with a new beach bag

 Last week, I spent a few days back home in Brittany (18 h trip each way!)
to enjoy some family time by myself which has not happened in 18 years,
Mon Cheri found me a super discount ticket that I could not pass....
 No trip is complete unless we go to the beach, St Malo more exactly.
This is not the kind of beach where you look for the shade or the sand burns your feet,
it is the kind of beach where you prepare yourself for the wind and cold toes,
the Chanel is never warm!

Well, it was quite pleasant and being the equinox (fall season change),
we had a very low tide that afternoon,
perfect for walking along the sea.


I finished my beach bag just on time to try it that day.
It is ideal size for a small towel and a snack.

Fort National is on that beach, only accessible at low tide.

I previously mentioned this embroidery I was working on over the summer.
The pattern is from "Les Brodeuses Parisiennes",
a very sweet, vintage, and French embroidery company.



Isn't it so cute?
I paired it with some Tim Holtz fabric (elements, I think),
it reminded me of notebook paper.


The construction of the bag is inspired by this tutorial by s.o.t.a.k handmade .
I added the side tags so it can be a simple backpack.


It is lined with a flag fabric,
perfect with the theme and colors.

Now, if you know St Malo, you know it is known for its corsaires
(pirates working for the king of France),
its resistance to the English invasion,
and its emerald sea.

Cannon shot, just because it makes me smile!

 really low tide, with easy walk to the Grand Be.


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. The embroidery is so cute!! I love this beach bag! It has such a vintage feel, and vintage is back in a big way right now. I love the lining too! The fabrics you choose are always so beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful family time by the beach. :)

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ginnie, I had a great time visiting family, it was a little too short (4 days) but so fun!
    I know what you mean about vintage, so hot right now! I am working on a Christmas one right now, hoping to be done on time, for once!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...