Tuesday, September 19, 2017

a cute little bebe bunting with a tutorial

With the upcoming arrival of my latest niece,
I have been able to sew sweet little things
like this little bunting:


Since I do not know yet the name of the baby,
I chose to write just Bebe (french for baby as she will be)
and surrounded it by a bear and a bunny,
for good company!


I think it will make the perfect room decor for any nursery:
linen, Liberty of London, lace, embroidery...


The embroidery pattern for the 2 faces is from "Sleepy time animal pals" from Nana Company.

My bunting is actually inspired by hers, from this blog post.

Here is how I made my little bunting:
I drew a simple shape for the pennant, similar to Amy's,
and cut 4 into different Liberty print and 4 into complementary solid,
and finally 4 (slightly smaller) into fusible fleece:


Then I typed Bebe into Picmonkey to get some nice alphabet,
traced the back side onto Wonder Under,
ironed it on the wrong side of solid fabric
and finally carefully cut out the letters!
(hint: start by the inside...)


I made each pennant the same way:
I ironed the fleece to the wrong side of the print,
with right side together (print/solid)
I sewed all around but for 2 inches on the top all around the pennant,
then trimmed the corners, turned it right side out
and finally ironed it flat.


Once all of them were ironed, I top-stitched the opening by machine,
the lace will cover that edge, so no need to hand stitch!


I ironed on each letter, then I machine stitched on the letter,
and finally hand stitched/quilted around each letter
as they were getting lost in the print!


I hand embroidered the bear and bunny on linen scrap,
then I cut the pieces to size, and make the pennants the same way,
but without the fleece, the linen is a lot heavier than the Liberty.


And finally I straight stitched the lace onto the pennants,
forming this delightful bunting:



I hope my sister likes it,
it is currently stuck in custom in some Scandinavia...

Next time, I will share another cute project,
to accompany the bunting....

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...