Tuesday, June 19, 2018

a cool take on tomato cages

This weekend I built some tomato cages for Mon Cheri,
as a father's day present.


If it does not sound like a cool present,
it is for this weekend gardener!
Because we have so much shade in our backyard (and dogs)
we have a small area in the front yard for some gardening,
and because it is very present, it needs to not be too ugly! 


Here is my second cage, very simply made out of exterieur grade 1x2,
I used 4 of these (~$1.50 a piece), and followed this tutorial from Ella Claire Inspired.
Of course I changed it a little but it is the same idea.



It is a very easy and fast built,
but I thought the raw wood stood out a little too much,
so I stained it with some blue stain (old navy or something like that)
that goes with the navy chair by the front door.


It holds the tomato very nicely and looks like it belongs in the front yard.
And more importantly Mon Cheri was surprised and happy!
Now we need to cover everything with a net,
the neighborhood deer think it is a salad bar!

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...