Friday, April 22, 2011

pizza night

On Fridays, we enjoy making pizzas,
individual pizzas,
everyone gets to choose their own toppings
and there is joy at home!


Here is my favorite dough recipe:
1 1/2 cup of warm water
1 tbs of sugar
2 tsp of yeast
4 cups of flour (regular)
1 1/2 tsp of salt
2 tbs of olive oil.

First "dissolve" the yeast in the water
and sugar, it takes about 5 min.
Then add the flour, salt and oil,
stir with a dough hook for 7-8 min.


Let the dough double in size
(about 1 1/2 h)


Then punch the dough and divide it in 6 parts,
6 seems to be about the right size for individual pizza,
and for the size of my baking stone (2 at a time).

I like thin crust pizza, so I roll the dough,
probably a major faux pas,
but it works for us.
The pizzas are not round, we go for a more organic feel,
whatever shape I end up making!
Then all the chefs take care of their pizzas,
here are some of our favorites:

the traditional: tomato sauce and mozzarella

the connoisseur: mozzarella, pear, blue cheese
(my favorite!)

the meat-eater: tomato sauce, mozzarella, ham, pineapple

the classical with a twist: mozzarella, fresh tomato, goat cheese,
herb de Provence.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We loved the pizza while we were visiting! So, we're making it tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...