Tuesday, February 12, 2013

galettes for Mardi Gras

For Mardi Gras this year, I decided to make some galettes.
Galettes are very traditional food from Brittany,
they are also known as savory crepes here,
but the recipe is quite different, as wheat flour is not used,
it is mostly made of ble noir, or buckwheat flour.
(here for my crepes recipe)


1 cup of buckwheat flour
1Tbp of flour
salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water

with a traditional bowl to drink cider, and "starry night" as seen by Brick Master.

Stir it all together, heat up a large frying pan to hot, very hot,
grease it with butter, cook one side, then flip,
and while the other side cooks, put the ingredients you want inside:
my favorite: cheese
Mon Cheri's fav: tomato, cheese, salt, herbes de provence
the kids' fav: butter
Serve right away, eat hot with cool cider.

another version of folded galette.

Happy Mardi Gras!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...