Friday, February 22, 2013

sweet mini quilt

Last year I sewed a charming paper pieced sewing machine
 (that I made into a sewing machine cover).
I only did half of the pattern, I thought I would do the other part (dress form)
 to make it complete, but it never happened.
Well, I checked the blog  Charise Creates, where I saw the pattern originally
and found another version of the dress form,
but this time with an iron instead of a sewing machine.
There was no pattern for it, but I saw I could use the dress form
and the folded fabric from the sewing machine pattern,
and try to design my own iron pattern from the picture (good close-up).


It worked quite well and I was able to do a decent job.
I did not have fabric with scissors, so I added some
little scissors charm.


I also stamped the name of the place.


Because I was making it for my Mom as a BDay present,
I decided to use some Liberty of London fabric for the dress
and the fabric being ironed.


She likes Liberty of London probably even more than me!
My Mom has been doing a lot of sewing lately, making some skirts,
shirts and other wearable, so I hope
she will enjoy this mini quilt in her sewing room.

Bon anniversaire Maman.

Happy sewing!

PS I really enjoy making Liberty of London presents for my Mom,
here is some examples:

linen basket, tag, machine cover,
cup table runner, needle book.


Fresh Poppy Design

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Morgane! I adore your mini quilt. Such talent you have! I found your blog through the sew many ways link party. Sending love from the south!

    Happy Sewing!
    Jordan
    http://jhaliewill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and what a gallery of gifts for your Mum. Dropping by from Quilt Story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your mini quilt is quite darling. What inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your attention to detail is amazing! And the Liberty tea-cups are perfect! Happy sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your comments.
    It was a successful Bday present, my mom likes it!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...