Tuesday, February 9, 2010

another big snow day!

My arms are so sore from shoveling, two snow storm in less than a week!  And it just started snowing again! I know we do not have it as bad as on the east coast, nevertheless I have a stiff lower back tonight!
It could also be from playing in the snow with the kids and the dogs, such good quality snow should not go to waste!  The opportunities to make snowmen are just too good to pass....


Of course nothing beat going inside after playing and quilting the afternoon away!  And yes I finished my mom's table runner.  I think it turned out quite cute. 


 It is about 32 by 17 inches.  It has 15 tea cups, all in a different Liberty of London fabric.
I used some spring batik for the back. 


I did cut some corners by skipping the binding, and by using fusible web to attach the handles instead of turn under applique. 

There is a machine applique stitch around each handle, so it is not going anywhere!  The tea cuts are basically a rectangle with 2 squares stitched on the diagonal, same thing for the saucer.  So it went well, the saucers do not always meet properly, some got a little "eaten", but it is supposed to be fun, and I am not into perfection, well I like perfection but not the seam ripper!

Let me know what you think of this little project.
Soon I will show you one I have been working on for a long time and it is time to finish it!

Happy sewing 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...