Saturday, February 20, 2010

dolly's wrap skirt

Earlier this week, I showed you a cute doll's skirt.
Here is another great little skirt, the pattern is from "www.you can make this.com".
Here is the link:
The pattern is free, just register and download it.  The explanations are great, with many drawings, making it clear and easy to make this wrap skirt.

Here is my version with a cute applique.
You will need a scrap of fabric, some Wonder Under or other type of fusible web.

Roughly cut around the design, iron the Wonder Under on the wrong side of the fabric, using a smaller piece than the fabric, otherwise you iron and/or ironing surface will get messy! (it happens to me a lot!!)

Cut carefully around the design.

Remove the paper backing and iron it in place.

Using a straight stitch, sew around the applique, taking your time.


And voila a perfect applique.
You can also purchase iron on applique from the craft/fabric store.

Following the instructions, stitch the loop tape to both sides.

Here are the 2 pieces for the skirt.

With right sides together, sew around the 2 skirts, leaving a opening at the top.
Turn it right side out, hand stitch the opening, then top stitch.
And here your new cute wrap skirt.

It fits very nicely and has a great tailored look.

Here are some other examples of the skirts I have made.
I have made many more of these skirts for friends and family, and also for the "toys for tots" Christmas program.
I also added some rickrack to one of them, before sewing the 2 side of the skirt together.


Since there are 2 sides, you can get two different or coordinated looks.


This skirt is versatile enough that it also fits other sizes dolls and even bears!
And the Velcro makes it easy for little fingers to put it on and off.


Give it a try and email me some pictures of your skirt at
BearDollyAndMoiAtgmaildotcom
Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...