Tuesday, February 21, 2012

little needle book


A couple of weeks ago,
I showed you some work in progress,
well it is now finished


and received: it was a present for Maman for her birthday.
(She just got internet so I am going to have to be more careful!)

I really like how it turned out.
The pattern for the needle book is from Nana Company


I used 12 different Liberty of London fabrics, and
some linen for the embroidery, I used some stabilizer with the linen. 

 The embroidery design is from Wild Olive,
it is embroidered with stem stitch, and there are little seed beads
on the frosting.


I have been trying hand quilting, and I must admit, it is fun!
(no way I am going to hand quilt a full quilt! just little projects.)

I have become a huge fan of linen and Liberty mixed together,
I know it is not new and I am not the only one,
but I enjoy sewing this mix as you have seen through
a lunch box, a fabric basket,  and I am sure more to come.



I kept the inside very simple.
It is just some ivory felt, and of course more Liberty!



Bon anniversaire Maman!


Happy sewing.


sew many ways

4 comments:

  1. First of all, this is put together so well...I love the hand quilting!

    But really, to have my pattern used alongside all that amazing Liberty fabric? It means so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just darling! I too am working on a needle book from the same tutorial. What a wonderful gift - yours is just lovely. Reminder to self: Stock up on linen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...