Saturday, April 20, 2013

modern quilted LOVE pillow

Lately I have not been inspired about quilting.
I see a lot of beautiful quilts,
but I rarely fell like making one myself.
Well I was inspired by Oh, Fransson! and her SEW pillow.
(there is also a very interesting quilt with all the explanations)


Can you tell Miss C. enjoys her new pillow?!

I chose 4 different color groupings: aqua, purple, green, turquoise,
and made 4 little patchwork with various scraps
like in the instructions of the quilt.


Some of the fabric are Liberty of London, batik, other are regular quilting fabric from various projects,
I still had a tiny piece of the hedgehog fabric!

I drew large letters, and using wonder-under, ironed them on the back
of the patchwork, cut the letters out,
and ironed them on the white-on-white dragonfly background.

I sewed around the letters with a zigzag stitch (like in the directions)
and did some simple diagonal quilting.



I used some aqua/purple dragon fly fabric for the back and stuffed it.
Since the background is white, it probably would have been smarter to use
some kind of pillow form so that it could have been washed easily......Oh well!


I had some of the patchwork left, so I made a mini version for Miss C.'s dolls.
I used some rounder letters for the word, but the same color combination.


It looks like a total success for both of them!

Happy sewing!

Skip To My Lou

Fresh Poppy Design

Visit thecsiproject.com

8 comments:

  1. They are beautiful pillows and so cute together! Lovely letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pillows and I love that you made a matching tiny one for dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I loved the days with my American Girl Dolls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the colors and how the letters pop on the white! Looks like happy girl and happy doll...definitely a success.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous! I love the little pillow for the doll too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...