updating the master bedroom {the ORC edition}: week 3

It is already half way point of the One Room Challenge,
and I feel I already made some good progress after painting the bedroom
a nice fresh coat of Palladium Blue,
just like in my inspiration board.

This week I started working on our 6 closet doors!
Yep 6! 

I cannot complain about having closets,
 but the doors themselves were quite plain.


Well this is no longer true!
(I still need to paint....)

The first thing I did was removing the old door handles,
they were the same than the actual door handles.


Modern, long handles from Home Depot.
I thought that was so easy, especially for the first 2 sets of closet doors,
but then:


Huge, giant holes!
The one on the right is a 1 1/8 inch hole,
and the one on the left is a mix of 4 1 1/8 inch holes!


So I cut some circles out of wood and patched up those holes,
and with a lot putty and sanding, it looks OK,
not perfect but the doors are 50 years old....

Finally I decided to play with some molding to dress them up.
I thought about doing some fancy cutting,
but I value my fingers (chop shaw!) and my sanity,
so I went simple:


The molding is glued and nailed in a few places,
then I put some putty to hide the holes and help the corners.


Now I still need to sand, prime and paint it all!

As a reminder here is my mood board:


Until next time,
happy DIYing!


Comments

Popular Posts