Wednesday, April 8, 2020

a little bunny bunting

Because reality is a little too much,
I keep sewing bunny theme things,
and this little bunting was the perfect distraction.



It started about 6 years ago when I embroidered these little bunnies:


And then, they waited for me to remember to do something with them...
well this year was the year:

I cut a simple bunting shape, and sewed it to another fabric, right side together,



and flipped them right side out:


they looked good, but 3 was not quite enough...
I had no desire to embroider more bunny,
so I looked in my stash for the perfect bunny fabric:
some Peter Rabbit fabric left from a previous project

I was able to cut out a few different scenes from the fabric,
making 4 more.




With all 7 of them, I debated how best to display them
and to which support to stitch them...


In the end I chose a sturdy white "ribbon" without adding any other ribbon
or color.

I added a faux eucalyptus garland (IKEA from Christmas),
it was what the little bunting needed:
Now the area above the buffet in the living room is ready for spring,
with lots of bunnies!


I will share more about these bunnies next time...

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...