Friday, August 28, 2020

simple panini with homemade focaccia

A couple of weeks ago, I shared my latest guilty pleasure:
great for appetizer with a little olive oil for dipping.

It also make great panini:


so tasty with fresh pesto 
(I make my own: basil, roasted pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil, salt and pepper),
tomato, mozzarella, (ham if you are into meat...)

Just slice the focaccia, spray some pesto,


and layer tomato and cheese.

It tastes good like that but to take it to the next level,
warm it up in a panini press:


the same one we use to make Croque Monsieur and toasted quesadilla....


And then it is truly ready to be eaten....


The fresh mozzarella doesn't melt,
so Miss C. and Brick Master like to use shredded mozzarella for the gooiness
But Mon Cheri and I enjoy it that way,
maybe slightly more authentic....

These panini make great sandwiches,
upping our lunches,
keeping us daydreaming to next summer or the summer after....

Happy day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...