Monday, October 30, 2023

A sweet little ghost pillow


I always enjoy sewing home décor and costumes for Halloween,

 so when I saw that little ghost pillow, I wanted to make one for me,

 even I am more of Halloween crow than ghost!


Doesn't it look just perfect on my new pumpkin quilt?!


I started with 8 low volume prints from Zen fabric,

they are quite interesting (one can review their geometry and math in one of them!).


 I also added 3 squares of Provence fabric to really make it mine!

 I decided to cut all my squares and ironed them to some interfacing

and stitched them to go a little faster: no seam watching and matching.


I just sewed all the rows, clipped at each intersection,
and sewed all the columns, done!

I put some quilt batting,
I did some simple quilting, 1/4 inch away from each seam,
as I didn't want to interfere with the prints. 


And I quilted a simple back with one print, no patchwork.

And following the directions, I added the eyes,
and sewed it all to form a very cute ghost:



But then I found out the inspiration came from a book,
so I had to get it, it is a very cute children's book,
I read it to the dogs as both of my kids are in college!




Happy Halloween 🎃!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...