Friday, June 11, 2010

update on the dance outfit for doll

I am done with
the new ballet outfit for the doll
that Miss C. had requested

and just in time since we received the pictures!

I used the same pattern than
my previous dance outfit shown here.
it is simplicity 4364.

I removed the sleeves this time.
I was unable to find aqua stretch velvet,
so I reversed the color of the bodice and the tutu.


I did not want to deal with all the ruffles,
so I just added a pretty flower, with layers of tulle
and fabric.
The tutu is not quite a pancake tutu
but Miss C. is happy with it,
and she can safely play with the outfit....
without me worrying about  her destroying hours of work!



Here is the picture of my darling ballerina

and here is her class all together after the recital!


Happy sewing!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Morgane,
    I'm always amazed by people who can sew as well as you do. The doll dress looks beautiful, and your daughter is too precious!
    Thanks so much for visiting and your sweet comment about my kitchen! You've made my day!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...