Tuesday, January 14, 2014

a little cream puff goodness

Last week end, we celebrated Brick Master's Bday.
Can you believe that I am the mother of a teenager?
Well I can, but still I feel like I have reached a new level!
To celebrate this event, I made him some cream puff.


They are totally delicious,
we called "choux a la creme" in France,
they make the most wonderful wedding cake
(you can see ours here)
They turned out really well, but I am not ready to build a "piece montee"!


I thought it was time to make some of my own,
they are easier than they look.

Here are the ingredients for the Choux:
1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of water, 3.5 oz of butter, 4 eggs, 5.25 oz of flour, 0.5 tsp of salt

and here are the ingredients for the creme:
1 cup of milk, 4 oz of sugar, 3 egg yolks, 1 oz of flour, 0.5 tsp of vanilla, pinch of salt.


If the cream is too much effort, or there is just not enough,
it is also perfect with vanilla ice cream and a little chocolate sauce on top!

Happy day!


1 comment:

  1. They look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy birthday to your teenager. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...