Friday, March 4, 2016

wet swimsuit bag

Are you ready for Spring, or even better Spring break?
We just had the luxury of an early Spring break in Hawaii!
It was our first visit and I hope not the last one.
Mon Cheri had to go there for work, so we went with him.
The kids and I had a great time at the beach and visiting the island of Oahu.
And just before going, I had a little time to do some sewing,
so I made a vinyl bag to carry our wet swimsuits.
(swim shirts were required for afternoon swim, too much sun on our winter skins!)
I followed this tutorial from Negligent style,
I just changed the size as I wanted it quite larger.

I had purchased this cool retro print "travel labels" from Tim Holtz 
without any project in mind, but with the picture of the surfer,
it was made for an Hawaiian project.

The bag worked well, it kept the rest of our stuff dry,
but the sand had a tendency to accumulate in it,
I guess we cannot have it both ways.
Happy sewing!
While we did not surf, we enjoyed playing in the water with a body board:
A beautiful afternoon at Kailua.

A wonderful morning at Ko Olina.

Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...