"Faites que le reve devore votre vie afin que la vie ne devore pas votre reve"
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, March 16, 2017

my latest guilty pleasure: illustrated pincushions

Last time I was around, I mentioned we were not getting any snow,
well I stand corrected! We had some, all my flowers are dead
and I am ready for some warmer weather!

I have not been able to sew a lot lately,
first because of my ankle (which is much better now)
and second because I had some skin surgery which prevented me 
from doing anything my with right arm, total nightmare....

So I went for little tiny projects: cute pincushions!


linen, Liberty of London, lace, applique...
what's not to like?

The pattern for these pincushions are from Minki Kim from Sewing Illustration,
I previously made cute tea mats from her book:



I was able to get the patterns for free a while ago,
when they were first available.




The designs are small and a little bit tricky,
but if it is messed up, it is easy to start over,
after all it is only a 3 to 4 inches piece of linen!



And sewing these beats hands down thinking about skin cancer,
even the non deadly one!

Happy sewing!


4 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! Never thought of using lace on pincushions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I just had a little piece, left over, too small to do anything, and I just could not throw it away...

      Delete
  2. Would make a lovely gift for anyone.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I must say I am keeping these 3 for me! but of course I made a few more to give away....

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...