Friday, March 15, 2019

a Guinness cake, perfect for St Patrick Day!

This weekend, we will celebrate St Patrick's day.
While I do not decorate for this Holiday,
I like to make something special for the occasion,
like this big Guinness cake,
perfect to share with friends!


I follow this cake recipe from King Arthur flour,
I just substituted  1 1/4 cup of Guinness for the liquid.
It adds a good flavor but no (or very little) alcohol as it is baked.


So it becomes the perfect cake for friends and family,
and since it is so big and rich, there is some for everybody!

The icing inside the cake is inspired by this recipe by the muse,
(but with a higher ratio sugar to butter)
that one has alcohol, but it is not necessary,
 it can be made from this caramel sauce from cup of Jo without any.

But I did put some in it, 
probably 1 tbsp, so still very little for a whole cake.


Finally I made some traditional chocolate icing for the top of the cake
following the Hershey's cocoa box recipe,
using heavy cream instead of milk.

I did not cover the side of the cake as I like the look
of dark chocolate and light icing from the inside,
it reminded me of a glass of Guiness!




Happy St Paddy's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...