Friday, March 29, 2019

a Hogwarts suitcase

As you might remember from last year advent calendar,
we are fans of the Hogwarts world,
well especially Miss C.,
and it turns out my niece K is also a big fan.
So for her birthday,
I made her a Hogwarts suitcase,
full of life necessities!


And who doesn't love a little niffler?
Technically he does not belong in Hogwarts,
I am taking  an artistic license...

But let's check out that suitcase,
doesn't it look just perfect?
Once again, one more artistic licence
as it is a suitcase and not a trunk,
but it is perfect to play pretend
and go on sleepover with other 8 year old Hogwarts fans!



This inspiration for this suitcase comes from the Nicole Michelle Blog.
There are also other cool Potter stuff in that blog if you are interested.

I started with this little Christmas suitcase:


 where I covered the hardware with tape before spray painting it black on the outside,
and champagne pink on the inside.
Then I printed the logo from the tutorial and glued it to the top of the suitcase,
and covered the inside of the suitcase top with other print out of the Daily prophet
and other Potter paraphernalia....


and my niece K initial, just because!

Then I sewed a little drawstring pouch with a paper pieced star 
to store candies and other treats.
In it, I put some more Harry Potter stuff: gummies, beans and chocolates,
I found all of them at Lolli and Pops,
it is bit expensive, but it makes the gift!


Finally I added a cool t-shirt (from Target), some butterbeer,
some Harry Potter/magical beasts Lego
and Hermione's chocolate wand!


I could not help myself and printed out a train ticket:


And she totally loved it, which is the best!

In February, we went to Orlando Universal to enjoy
Hogwarts and the warm sun of Florida
(after a long cold winter here in the DC area!)

Miss C. loved it!
It was her Christmas present 
(and the last surprise from her advent calendar!)

Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...