Monday, April 9, 2012

one more bunny

When I use Liberty of London fabrics for projects,
I keep all the scrap pieces, no matter how small they are,
after all the fabric is very pricey,
easily over $30 a yard.

I often wonder what to do with them,
they are beautiful and so soft.
Well when I saw this template from Nana Company,


I knew exactly how to use some of these precious pieces.


I traced the bunny shape on some fabric,
and covered it with 1/2 inch wide pieces of Liberty,
stitching them on both sides.

Of course I had to use linen with all the Liberty,
they seem to be the best combination!
I used a larger piece of linen and revered applique the bunny shape,
cutting out the linen.


I cut a rectangle just slightly smaller than my card,
and with my unthreaded sewing machine,
I stitched around the card by itself.
I then hand stitched the linen to the card through
the holes with embroidery floss.

It turned out really cute,
and went perfectly with chocolate!



Happy sewing!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow!! That's lovely!! What a cute card! You are giving me a good idea for the many leftover pieces of fabric I have! I'm now following.

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...