one more bunny

When I use Liberty of London fabrics for projects,
I keep all the scrap pieces, no matter how small they are,
after all the fabric is very pricey,
easily over $30 a yard.

I often wonder what to do with them,
they are beautiful and so soft.
Well when I saw this template from Nana Company,


I knew exactly how to use some of these precious pieces.


I traced the bunny shape on some fabric,
and covered it with 1/2 inch wide pieces of Liberty,
stitching them on both sides.

Of course I had to use linen with all the Liberty,
they seem to be the best combination!
I used a larger piece of linen and revered applique the bunny shape,
cutting out the linen.


I cut a rectangle just slightly smaller than my card,
and with my unthreaded sewing machine,
I stitched around the card by itself.
I then hand stitched the linen to the card through
the holes with embroidery floss.

It turned out really cute,
and went perfectly with chocolate!



Happy sewing!


Comments

  1. Oh Wow!! That's lovely!! What a cute card! You are giving me a good idea for the many leftover pieces of fabric I have! I'm now following.

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Popular Posts