Sunday, June 3, 2012

fete des mamans

Today is "la fete des meres",
mother's day in France,
and I made this library bag for my Mom.

I was totally inspired by this teacher gifts from City House Studio
I thought it would be perfect, my mom was a teacher,
and she loves book, so of course she needed a library book!
(needed is maybe extreme...)

I followed this tutorial by Don't Call Me Betsy.
And as I showed you last week here,
I used a mix of Liberty of London, linen and selvage,
all of the good stuff!


There are 8 different Liberty prints,
the bottom and handles are of a dark purple cotton sateen,
I machine quilted the bottom and the handles, to add texture
and stability to the bag.

The back of the bag is made of linen and the same sateen,
I hand embroidered "pour le plaisir de lire"
for the pleasure of reading in a simple back stitch.


I hand quilted the linen parts of the bag,
I tried to do a brick pattern for the back, but it did not turn out exactly as I expected,
but it still does the job!



Bonne fete Maman
et bonne lecture!

Happy sewing!





Skip To My Lou

4 comments:

  1. J'aime le Bag!! (ok--my French is way rusty). Love the fabrics and the idea of it. Your mom will love it! Found you at Sew Many Ways.
    <3 Christina
    Http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
    Wildly Original Round Up linky party is open

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful way to use the Liberty prints! I love it! I just ordered a scrap bag of Liberty myself. :)
    I love how you added "titles" to the books, it really adds a nice touch!
    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is beautiful and I'm sure your mother will love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and it was so creative using the selvages for the spines of the books.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...