Wednesday, January 11, 2017

lighthearted placemats

Here are some cute patchwork placemats I sewed for my sister for Christmas.
A few years ago I had made her some,
so she expressed some interests in getting a new set.


I used a pattern from the book "Patchwork, please" of Ayumi (aka Pink Penguin).


This is my second project from the book,
I previously made the pepper coasters.


I also used Ayumi's fabric line: Lighthearted,
which I also used on the pepper coasters and a fabric book.


These placemats are not a fast project, there is a lot of fussy cutting,
but the sewing itself is not too bad.



I managed to keep the point nice and clean, so a decent patchwork.


Since I had a bundle of fat quarters in most of the color ways,
I made each placemat a different color, but pretty much the same print.
I chose a white linen /cotton fabric to balance of the colors.


The rickrack is also different for each one of them.
I think they look quite cute all together.
I did not do a binding, I felt it would have make it too busy.
The back is a red and white picnic print, perfect in case people are scared to eat on the white side!



They are the perfect touch of color in the coldness of the Scandinavian North!

Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. They are really beautiful, and perfect with the plates in the last picture :-). I love the pepper coasters too, your choice of fabrics and colour is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J.J., it was a fun project! The only complaint I heard so far is that it is going to be hard to keep clean....!

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty! I love all of the adorable prints! Especially the cakes and strawberries! The colours are adorable! Good work! I just love the picture with the pretty blue plates. So cute! :)

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ginnie, you are so sweet! Cutting out all the little details like the food made these placemats so much fun!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...