Tuesday, August 15, 2017

the perfect summer treat: peach crumble

I have been purchasing peaches by the half bushel at my local orchard
(where we get our apples in the fall),
they are delicious but we might have a few too many....
So I make peach crumble regularly!


In the past years, I have made peach pie and peach cobbler,
both really good, but the pie takes too long,
and  found the cobbler a little too soft.

So I tried peach crumble and this is perfect:
fast, easy and a little crunchy!

I make many at once so that I can share with friends,
so my recipe is pretty free form....

for the peach:
lots of ripe peaches, cut in pieces,
a little lemon juice
a little sugar
a dash of cinnamon
a little flour
(I do not measure these parts)
Let the peach marinate in the mixture for a few minutes,
while making the crumble.

for the crumble portion:
1 part flour
1 part (and a little more) oat
1/2 part brown sugar
1/2 part (or a little less) salted butter, cold and cut in tiny pieces
Mix the top 3, then add the butter and mix by hands.
(with 1 part being 1 cup, I was able to do 3 crumbles: 2 medium/large
one small, the red one in the pic)


Grease the bottom of a pan (or multiple, big or small)
add the peaches and then distribute the crumble,
I like to not put too much, I like the peaches to be the main event!
Bake for 1h at 350.
Enjoy warm or cold, with or without ice cream,
I am more of a plain peach crumble myself.


Happy day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am going to make this! We don't get very good fruit here often, so this is the perfect alternative to eating it raw. :) I've done apple crumble, but I always pass on buying peaches because I never know what to do with them. No one will eat them otherwise because they are either over ripe or they never ripen, and are too sour. Thanks for the recipe!! :)

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Ginnie! I totally know what you mean about the peaches from the grocery store, they do not taste like anything. I stopped buying them a few years ago until I found some at the orchard where we buy apples. One of my teenagers still will not eat the peach crumble, but is OK with the apple version! Which is fine since there are no more peaches at the orchard but tons of apples....I made one last night, it turned out OK but I used regular sugar instead of brown, and, well it is not as good! :(
      there is always next time!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...