Saturday, July 27, 2019

the farm quilt is finished

It finally happened,
I finished my farm quilt for my niece:


and it has arrived 
and she likes it!

She uses it as I spy quilt.




They are so many things to look at,
it is the perfect game...


And I love the final texture of the quilt:





I added a lot of details to my original blocks,
like eyes to all the animals.




I embroidered a world map for the globe
(it is a little potato-like..!),
I also added details to the Dala Horse,
the cow got its tails, the cat its whiskers.


The tractor got a stirring wheel, the ship its legs,
the butterfly its antennas,
and I just realized I forgot to stitch the seeds in the pears!
Well too late now, I do not think it matters.... 

Eleanor looks perfect with it,


and I hope she enjoys it for a few years!

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...