Wednesday, February 19, 2020

cleaning and updating my sewing room

I finally finished cleaning and tidying up my sewing room:

and it will remain that way just a while,
as I am a messy crafter!

You can check out what my studio was like 5 years ago:


Surprisingly, not that much!
Same machine and same light...

More stuff on my pinning board,
 a little chest of drawers IKEA Moppe
and a bench with my Dandelion.



I pared down my book collection,
I gave away anything that I not looked at in a few years,
which gave me more space for fabric!


On the back wall, I have my summer treat quilt displayed,
(it used to be on the opposite wall,
where I installed my design board)
a couple embroidery and some dressforms.


On the daybed, there is a large collection of pillows,
some purchased, some homemade like



I like to seat there for relaxing,
looking at my books,
and doing embroidery!

My new ironing shelf is just right there.

Above the daybed, I have hung my heirloom sewing quilt,
which took really long to make,
but it looks perfect there.
Next to it, are 3 prints from Provence,
to remind me to go back someday...


So here you have it, a little tour of my happy place!


Happy sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I can see why this is your happy space! This is a pretty and cozy room, packed with lots of light and everything creative. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...