Thursday, March 5, 2020

Almond blossom as a triptych for our bedroom

For the last few years,
I have looked at art works for our bedroom.
Ever since I redid this room during the ORC,
I have searched for something to put next to my side of the bed.

Well I made a triptych out of one of Van Gogh's most famous painting:
the Almond Blossom!


About 2 years ago, while we were in Amsterdam,
we visited the Van Gogh museum,
it was the kids first time really seeing his artwork,
and they were fascinated.
While I had been there before,
it was still mesmerizing.
We did not acquire any print then, just enjoyed the experience.

A few weeks ago, while going through IKEA,
(it is on my way back from dropping off Brick Master at university)
I bought a canvas version of the almond blossom,
not quite sure how I was going to use it.

The print was too big to use as is in our room,
so I decided to make a triptych out the canvas.
I purchased 3 canvas (12 x 24) from Michaels
(luckily it was buy 1 get 2 free!)


and started planning my cuts...
it felt a little sacrilegious to do so
but it was only a print from IKEA!


I cut each piece 4 inches bigger than my canvas to staple
in the back, making sure there would be prints on all the edges.

I did not remove the previous canvas,
just added my printed layer,
keeping in level on the bottom.


After the first one, it became easier as it started to look good!
And here are my three panels,
ready to be hanged on the wall.


In order to hang them, I used some blue painting tape
and a level, keeping everything aligned and leveled....

And it looks really good,


I like seeing the painting on the edges,
so much dimensions!

(the room looks very blue in this pic, but it doesn't feel like that in person!)

It feels like the perfect addition to our master bedroom.

It has been more then 2 year since the ORC,
so a few things have changed: new curtains (white instead of flowery),
blue lamp shade instead of white,
and a blue duvet cover instead of red:


the furniture remains unchanged!


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...