Wednesday, December 29, 2010

more coasters

Now that Christmas has come and gone,
I can share more sewing projects
I made as presents.

Remember the coasters that I made for my Mom?
Well I made some more for my Sister.
This time I made them even simpler,
with just one fabric for the top.


I purchased a very cute cocktail fabric (a fat quarter)
and was inspired to make coasters for a intimate cocktail party!

I used linen for the tray,
and instead of batting, flannel.
The back is a nice fabric I found at IKEA,
it was just perfect, with a summer feeling,
well just in case, when not in the cocktail mood!



I cut my fabric in 4 squares (4.5 x 4.5) in all three fabric,
layered flannel, top fabric and back fabric,
and stitched almost all 4 sides,
turned it right side out, and top stitched all around!


Yep, it is that easy.


The back side will be perfect for cool lemonade
on a hot summer day!

The tray is made the same way,
with a square 6.5 x 6.5.
The corners are stitched together,
and voila!


I really need to make some for myself!

Happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...