Tuesday, December 28, 2010

flower

I made mostly simple presents for my Sister
this Christmas,
so to fancy them up,
I made this beautiful flower to decorate her present.


I used silver raw silk and a stunning button,
both purchased at Joann's (small raw silk selection)
it coordinated perfectly with the ribbon and the paper (not on the picture!)

I followed this tutorial from A Girl In Paradise.
It was easy, fast and the flower is just beautiful.
Because I liked it so much,
I added some felt in the back
and stitched a brooch pin.


So not only did it make the present stand out before opening,
it is a great little brooch,
two uses, one beautiful flower!


Happy sewing!


1 comment:

  1. That came out beautifully. I can't believe that's a button!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...