"Faites que le reve devore votre vie afin que la vie ne devore pas votre reve"
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boba Fett shirt

I enjoy sewing, crafting,
making stuff in general,
for Miss C. it is always so easy,
but for Brick Master, it is a challenge!
Now that he is 10, he wants to be cool,
even cooler since he changed school in the middle of the year!

So here is my easy craft for him:
a Star Wars painted sweat shirt
(which is a great way to hide stain....)


I found the pattern at Ether Graphics,
it was originally designed for pumpkins,
but I thought it would be perfect for a shirt.
I recopied it on freezer paper and cut it out,
ironed it on the shirt, making sure
the paint would cover the stains!
( a great way to recycle an almost unwearable shirt!)


(here is a great tutorial on freezer paper/paint from Made)

And since Boba Fett is a little beat up, I did not apply
the paint too thick, so that some of the blue would
show up in some area.

I am pleased to say my big boy is happy
and he is wearing to school day,
I am still the Mom!
At least until he goes to middle school!


Happy crafting!









make it wear it




2 comments:

Robin said...

Love it! Thank you so much for linking up to Upcycled Awesome. I love freezer paper stenciling, but I always hate cutting out the freezer paper.

raffertygrey said...

Hey, that's cool - I love it. It would go well with the Vader top I made a while back! Pic here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raffertygrey/4387458572/in/set-72157618317524113
It was for a little girl who loves the dark side;-) I made it a little differently, by transferring the pattern onto fusible web, ironing it onto black fabric, cutting out the detail then stitching onto the white felt background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...