Monday, March 28, 2011

musketeer!

So I did not really finish
the costume in time for Mardi Gras,
Miss C. still wore it,
even incomplete!
I guess I am really the one who is uptight
about details!


About a year and a half ago, when I discovered
blog world, I saw this wonderful costume
at Brown Paper Packages.

It was so perfect, I bought fabric for it,
and then did nothing....
About a year later, the instructions for making
this costume were posted
and once again I did nothing,
but of course it was still in the back of my mind.....
Well it finally happened,
I made the Barbie pink musketeer costume!





I did not make many changes from the directions,
I just attached the petty coat to the skirt,
so there is less fabric at the waist,
the petty coat starts at the hips.



The design on the corset is slightly different,
I really like finished edges
and costumes are worn often in this house,
at least once a week,
if not every day!


You can see where all that shirring came handy!


Because I am not buying any fabric anymore
I worked with silver instead of gold
and there is no hat,
I had just a little hot pink satin left
from this bag.

But I had enough panne velvet
to make a mini-version!



More about it tomorrow!
update: Here it is!

Happy sewing!





make it wear it

2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally got around to finishing this. It is ADORABLE! Thank you so much for linking up and stashbusting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! Makes me wish I had a girl to use pink!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...