It is finished!
I am done quilting, embroidering my pandas,
well Miss C.'s panda jacket.
I paper pieced the pandas: large one in the back
and small ones in the front
and added a lot of embroidery around them.
I used my favorite jacket pattern: Robin's little jackets by the Children's Corner
probably for the last time as it is the biggest size.
I previously made a horse jacket,
Miss C has loved them all, and I had fun making all different, but the same!
I usually do not add any closure of these jackets, but Miss C. requested that I use a zipper
for this one, so of course I obliged, it did not really add any difficulty to the project.
This one has a lot of hand work, I hand quilted it to keep it soft,
and I added a lot (I mean a lot) of flowers, just simple double lazy daisies,
with a French knot in the middle.
The eyes are appliques and the faces are embroidered.
The smaller pandas hold piece of bamboo.
The bamboo print and lining are Good Fortune by Kate Spain for Moda,
they are perfect for the pandas and the purple lining reminds me of the cherry blossom.
The body has cotton batting but for the sleeves, I just used flannel,
to make it less bulky (first time), they are still quilted the same way than the rest of the jacket.
I really would have liked to take the pictures at the zoo near the pandas,
but it is freezing and it is test season at school, so we will have to wait until Spring Break!
At least we found some bamboo!