Thursday, December 7, 2017

a simple and sweet Hygge gift basket with a mug rug, of course!

It is the season to think about gifts 
for friends and family.
So I made this one for a dear friend of mine
who is in need of some TLC.
I was inspired by the Hygge book "the cozy life" which I included in this "basket".


Hygge is a Danish thing (very popular here last year), in two words: candles and snuggle!
So there are a battery powered candle (safer than the real thing), a faux fur eye mask,
a nature inspired mug (from Pier I), some hot cocoa mix and some cookies.

Of course no cozy gift basket can be complete without a handmade part,
after all I am a sewer/crafter!

So I added a quick mug rug, without piecing but simple quilting
and some appliques.

(not very scandinavian with an Eiffel tower, but Paris is always a good idea😉)

I used some Christmas fabric remnants from other Christmas project
A touch of red is perfect for this time of the year.


And it looks just so with the mug (it has a great sheen, like pearlescent!)

I feel like I should make myself such a gift.....

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. I love, love, love it. Thank you. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivory Jean, I hope it cheers up my friend! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...