Tuesday, March 30, 2010

daisy quilt

I would like to make a quilt
for my daughter as a memory
for her first year in girl scout.
She is a Daisy and is quite proud of it!


It probably helps that her brother is also a cub scout!
Lego Brick Master will soon be a Webelo,
 so he has a few more years under his belt!



I would like to make him one too,
but later as I have not bought the fabric for his!

So yes the fabric is bought,
and it is bright!


but perfect for a little girl!
So I was thinking of some kind of friendship quilt,
with all the names of the girls in her troop.
I tried to have the girls sign their name on the fabric,
and that did not work very well....
May be use the embroidery machine?
I have found a few patterns but still not the perfect one.
Do you have any suggestion?
I have 1/2 yard of each of the non girl scout fabric and
 about 1 1/2 yards of the 2 big prints.

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be beautiful! Your work is amazing! I have done quilting in the past but lately have been more into knitting.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...