Thursday, August 5, 2010

hurricane cocktail

or how to celebrate 14 years!


I love cocktails!
Of course I rarely drink them,
but I love the appeal,
the classic 50's charms
and of course some of the cheesiness associated with them!

So get your favorite Sinatra song
and have a drink with me
to celebrate my 14 years in the US.

Here is my favorite hurricane recipe:


and yes you need all of this,
well at least all of none shiny part!

1.5 oz of clear rum
1.5 oz of spiced rum
1 oz of fresh lime juice
2 oz of fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp of passion fruit syrup
1 tsp of baker sugar (fine, dissolves better)
and at the end 1 tsp of grenadine
and of course ice!

put it all together, stir well
and enjoy!



"Luck be a lady tonight"

It also works well without the alcohol,
I always make a virgin version for the kids,
so that we can fun all together!

Remember the giveaway,
enter here

Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. oh how fun! congrats on 14 years in the usa! i am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...