Tuesday, August 10, 2010

make and take cards

This week end, I went to the Archiver's
and there was a make and take event.....

So of course I had to try!
There were 3 projects to do:
ATC, thank you card and mini card.

The artist trading card is nice and fast to make
with a lot of layers


It started with stamping the message, then we used 2 different inks to shade
around it. The butterflies were stamped with the same blue ink, the swirls were stamped
in some white ink/paint. Some twined was tied around the card,
and finally some sparkling ink was added on the butterflies.
I think I will use for a card, as a center as I have no real use for an ATC!

The thank you card was also fast,
and fun to make


We started with a off-white card that had the pretty half circle scallop and a
big orange circle. With a hole punch, we made the flower, and glued it to the base card.
We cut the excess card, and stamped the message on it.
The sides of the stripe paper was inked and glued on the inside of the card.
Some twine was tied and a gem was added to the flower.

I think my favorite was the mini thank you card.


It is 3 x 3, and perfect for a gift, or it can attached on a card as an interactive layer.
We used a 3 x 6 pink card stock, folded in half, the black square was glued on.
The corners of the white card stock were trimmed and the message and lamp were stamped.
The swirls were embossed with a machine once it was dry, then glued to the card.
On another piece of white card stock, the lamp was stamped in clear and embossed in pink,
the shade was cut out. A gem was added as the finial on the main card.
And finally the pink shade was glued with a dimensional dot.

I had fun making the 3 projects, I did not really learn anything new
but I thought of new ways to make cards,
I can always use more inspiration!

Happy crafting!



1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...