Sunday, May 1, 2011

whole wheat pancakes

On the week end, I love making pancakes.
We do not have them in France,
I have been making them for many years
but they are still a treat!

For a long time I followed the traditional recipe,
but because of the 2 tbsp of oil used in making them,
it is not really a healthy breakfast!

A year ago, I found the perfect pancake recipe:
whole wheat pancake,
fluffy and oil free!


they are healthy, and as easy to make as the traditional ones.
here the recipe (from the Volumetrics Eating Plan )
1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour,
1 tbsp of sugar
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 egg
1 1/2 cup of low fat buttermilk.

Just mix dry ingredients together,
add the wet ingredients,
stir until all combined
and cook them as usual,
with just a trace of oil in the pan.


Enjoy them with strawberries
or syrup,
they are so good,
even my picky eaters like them!

Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...