Thursday, August 18, 2011

getting ready for school: the lunch box

We still have a couple days before
school starts,
so we are getting ready!
The backpacks are still good,
but Miss C. needed a new lunch box.
This year I decided to make her one,
ever since I saw this tutorial at Pink Penguin,
I have been wanting to sew one.
So I did!


Isn't it just the cutest?

I used 2 Japanese prints (the snack fabric and the purple/blue flowers),
 some other quilting prints,
and some polka dot oil cloth.


More than 16 years ago, I spent 2 months in Japan,
and one of the things I brought back is
this cute bento box:


So I was very happy to sew my own,
well for Miss C.!



The inside is perfect to pack a sandwich, a fruit
and a drink.
With the oil cloth, it should be easy to clean
any "accident".


The closed top insures that no lunch will be lost!



Overall, it has been a great project,
the tutorial is easy to follow,
I might need to make one for me too,
after all one is never too old for a cute lunch box....
Now where am I going to go eat lunch?

Happy sewing!

sharing at http://kojodesigns.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...