Monday, December 28, 2015

a wood Christmas tree

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
Ours was fun: presents, Star Wars, family and food!
I managed to make the little wood tree
I was talked about a few weeks ago.
Not as good as the inspirations,
but I am OK with it.


It was made from scrap pieces from the fence we built 3 years ago,
and some 1x2 for the back support.
I stained, painted and distressed it to keep it interesting.
I only installed one shelf at the bottom.
I decorated it with a string of droplet light,
and a few simple ornament.
I added a red pompom garland for some color.


I stuck the tree in this cool bucket from Michaels,
and put my baby slippers at the base,
I think they came from Lapland more than 40 years ago,
probably made of reindeer fur.
I hope to have more time next year to properly decorate it....


Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Love you wood tree. I wish you all the best for the next year with the blessings from heaven. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much.
    Happy New year to you and yours

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...