Monday, December 14, 2015

a little deer

I have had a fascination with deer for a long time, starting with Bambi of course
 to the painful ones that live in our neighborhood (and eat all the plants in spring/summer/fall!) 
to the ones I used to decorate the house for Christmas with print, pillow and ornament.
It just seems that it was only a question of time before
 I made a super cute felt deer in a Liberty of London dress!



I had admired it for a while, and just could not resist any longer.
It is fairly easy to make, the explanations are quite clear.
 I used regular felt (from Joann), I do not have large pieces of fancy felt.
 I just made sure to use the denser part of the craft felt
 (it is not always even when you purchase yardage).



For the dress, I used Liberty of London fabric, as I have a nice little collection.
 But it is not necessary, any thigh weave print would probably work just fine.

I had not made a doll/doe dress in a long time since Ms C. doesn’t play with dolls anymore.
The boots also extremely cute, I choose green felt to match her dress
and embroidered the flowers with matching colors.
This little doe is supposed to be wearing a scarf, but I cannot knit,
so instead I made her a cute hair flower,
with 2 colors of felt and a little jingle bell!



It turned out so cute that I am planning on making at least one more!

Happy sewing!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I so love the doe! So very cute. Will be purchasing that pattern. Your choices for dress fabrics are also adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Danice, I have made some many does, they are a little addicting!
      Have fun making your own.

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...