Tuesday, April 26, 2016

calendar kids quilt: the summer season

Now that we have the first three seasons (Fall, Winter and Spring)
and buildings, the last thing remaining is Summer:


For June, our boy doll enjoys a hot dog on his picnic.


For July, I went a little rogue and made the doll hold a French flag,
it is supposed to be an American flag,
but it is really hard to make it accurate...
and I am French after all!


For August, it is shopping time for back to school outfits!
It is one of my favorite block.



Now that the top is completed, I need to quilt it all,
which might take a while, 
all the ironed on dolls and clothes need to be stitched down,
and all the details need to be added....

Happy sewing!


2 comments:

  1. Where do you get all of the cute dolls and dresses? Do you create them all by hand? They are so adorable! I can't wait to see the entire quilt! Happy sewing! :)

    ginnie / fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ginnie! The dolls come from a printed fabric, they are like paper dolls, just wearing undergarment, the clothes are also printed, so I get to decide who wear what, lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...