Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Baking corner {One Room Challenge} week one

One Room Challenge? Yes, here we go again!
This time I am working indoor and on a small scale,
unlike my Spring ORC where I worked on my outdoor dining area,
it turned out great and we are still enjoying it!
This fall I would like to set up a baking corner in the kitchen, 
I love baking as you can see in my French patisserie classes!
A few years ago, I did a little improvement,
where it went from this to this:


which at the time was great,
but then I worked super hard on updating the cabinets:
making them taller and painting them white.


We completed the look by adding a marble back splash after losing our microwave
(all of this happened slowly, over many months,
even many years, far away from the concept of ORC!)


But that corner stayed the same,
and now it is time for change.
And with the schedule of the ORC,
it will/should be ready before Thanksgiving!
Nobody needs a messy kitchen at that time of the year...
Here is the results of this Spring One Room Challenge:

more details here.

8 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is looking great so far! Can't wait to see how the baking nook turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! it has been a labor of love. I hope all will turn out as I see it...

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see how you transform that space into your baking center! I know it's going to be as stunning as your kitchen and patio transformations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Cristina, it means a lot coming from you since you were my inspiration for the kitchen!

      Delete
  3. Love the top of your cabinets, so cool! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, it was a long process, but totally worse it!

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a little baking nook! Your kitchen looks stunning, by the way. Excited to see what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Erin. I hope it all works out as I imagine it, well at least it should be nicer than the current situation!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...