Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Baking corner {One Room Challenge} week three

We are already at the half way point of the One Room Challenge,
it is going way too fast, but I can see progress!
I am working on updating a part of the kitchen to make it into a baking corner,
you can see my inspiration board here.
Removing the previous countertop/shelf and trash can took mere minutes,
so right way I put the new base cabinet, tada! So much better.
OK still pretty rough, especially the side of the cabinet!
So I purchased a cover panel to hide the particle board
(even painted, it would still be ugly!)


Because I do not always work linearly,
I primed and painted the other side and front of the cabinet
as well as the drawer and the door.


Then I installed the side panel and started to install the molding
to match the island: the station wagon treatment!
Since the style of the door is different from the rest of the kitchen,
I want the side to be similar to the island.

I had to do this first, before attaching the cabinet to the wall
for proper placement.

(the green part will be covered by the base board!)

Now I need to calk, prime and paint the side,
I feel like we are on our way to a cute baking corner.

Next I need to come up with a way to attach the door
as a drawer so that we can have an easy access to the trash,
busy weekend ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Loving the board and batton! Can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jennifer, I hope it turns out as I envisioned it....

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous treatment on your island and cabinet! I'm really interested in how you choose to organize the cabinet once it's finished, too. So good to see you again for the ORC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie, it is fun to be back to the challenge! Good point about the organization, I will have to think about that part (which I never consider until now...!)

      Delete
  3. Great detail on your cabinet! Rev-a-Shelf has several configurations for trash pull-out trays and racks, including one that doesn't involve attaching to the door. http://www.homedepot.com/b/Kitchen-Kitchen-Storage-Organization-Kitchen-Organization-Trash-Recycling-Cans/N-5yc1vZc3uk?experienceName=inspirational&s_tnt=80735:1:0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Merlyn, I had seen some of those, most of the good products are more expensive than the cabinet itself! so I am planning on doing my own version, I just started this week end, and so far so good....I need to finish a couple more things and I should be able to show some progress on Thursday.

      Delete
  4. I love what you did to your island, and matching the pattern for the cabinet was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...