Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Baking corner {One Room Challenge} week four

Time is flying by, it is already week 4 of the One Room Challenge!
I am making over a corner of my kitchen
to transform it into a baking corner,
you can read more about it in week one.


Last week I left you with my "station wagon" cabinet.
Well I caulked, primed and painted the cabinet,
and it looks like it belongs in the kitchen,
I used the same paint color that I used to paint all the other cabinets a few years ago,
so there is definitively a continuity between the cabinets even 
if the door/drawer style is slightly different.
I also installed the same hardware on the drawer as the rest of the kitchen.


Then I started working on my pull out trash system for the bottom of the cabinet.
As a reader pointed out last week, there are many systems for sale,
but after reading many reviews, it seems really expensive for sometimes a poor outcome.
So I went with the home version, and
 I followed this tutorial from Cristina of "Remodelando la casa".
She was the one who inspired me in my kitchen upgrading,
so I knew I could trust her work.
And it totally worked, I have a nice drawer, the trash can fits in,
it slides in and out, perfect!

(the trash bag box fits perfectly on the half shelf in the back,
 that means more space under the sink!)

The little difficulty that I am now encountering is attaching the drawer to the door,
but I am sure I will find a way.
I still need to find a top for the cabinet,
I am using a large cutting board right now, but it is only temporary.
I also need to work on the shelves above,
as seen on my inspiration board:

from ORC week two.

It is going to be a very busy week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...