Tuesday, May 12, 2020

updated an older chair

It seems to be happening to a lot of things in our house,
playing musical chairs with furniture and accessories!
I guess quarantine is giving a desire to change 
without the access to anything....
And it happened again with this chair, with a little makeover added!


I went with a more simplified look!
 A few years ago, I redid the master bedroom during the ORC,
and makeover this little corner:


I reupholstered the wooden chair with a nice blue fabric, much better than the original ivory fabric.
(there were 2 identical chairs, one in the bedroom, one in the living room)
All was good, until I repainted the library blue,
and updated the curtains there....


The other chair was just next to the window,
and it was looking just average.....


but switching to the blue chair was just right!


So of course I decided to redo the other chair,
I had just enough blue fabric to recover the base and back.

After removing all the previous fabric
and the hundreds of staples,
I realized the "skeleton" was looking a little rough:


So I decided to paint it white.
I started with some primer, and then some white paint,
using the paint I had one hand,


Well it did not turn out as good,
as my white paint was too old!
So I did not finish painting the chair,
I will get more paint in a few months and repaint it again after sanding it....

But I was able to recover the base of the chair,


Because the chair still needs to be repainted, I did not staple the back,


but I decided to start using it right away:


I added a pillow (made a few years ago!) to cover the back,
making pretty and functional.

as it doesn't match the curtains anymore.
I have since changed to white curtains.


I set it up all pretty,
but on a daily basis,
it looks more like this:



As Bosco loves to look of the window!

Happy day!

 

1 comment:

  1. Salam kenal
    semoga kita selalu dalam keadaan sehat dan sukses

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...