Wednesday, November 15, 2017

updating the master bedroom {the ORC edition}: the big reveal!

This is it, the last week of The One Room Challenge: the master suite edition!

It is done and now our bedroom feels like a Tiffany's box,
blue (a little turquoise) and white, and with some red,
like their ribbon for the Holidays!


I feel like my inspiration board is a good representation of where we ended:

Nice blue walls, warm color bedding, sign ....

and of course the ensuite bathroom:


Nice grey walls, new light fixture, beautiful double mirrors.

But before we explore the room in more details, 
let's do a before and after, just for fun!





Here for the closet doors transformation.

Here for the nook transformation.

And last but not least, the bathroom:

Here for the transformation.



Quite an impressive makeover!
I reuse a lot of things we had before,
I just think they look even better now,
like my antique 19th century ivory painting from my grandmother.



I kept the same curtains as I like them, and they bring some nice color and contrast to the room.


The nook is the bluest part of the room,
with the addition of the rug,
I must say it is less comfortable to read,
but so much more convenient to put my shoes on in the morning!


And in the bathroom,


I have been able to use some of the goodies I brought back from Provence,
like my Uzes Pot (which holds Ms C. old fake lavender from IKEA a few years ago),
my fouta and some savons de Marseilles.
I reused the same embroidered frame my sister made me too.
It feels like a little Provence corner, not bad for a DC suburb!


I have already planned how it could work for the summer:


with just some white bedding and a light blanket,
summer are so hot here, it seems quite refreshing!
Of course after last weekend freezing temperature,
I feel more like a huge comforter,
with some rich color to warm up the room!

I hope you are as pleased with your transformation as I am with mine.
Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...