Thursday, October 1, 2015

outdoor pizza oven

As summer is officially gone and the temperatures are more under control,
it is time again to enjoy dining alfresco.
One of my favorites is making pizza, as I mentioned before.
But now, we have an outdoor pizza oven.
I did a little research about building our own,
but it turned out to be expensive, complicated and permanent,
three things I am not interested in.
So we went with this propane pizza oven
($300, movable and hot in about 10 minutes)

We have been using it for about a year now and I really like it.
The pizzas cook fast and are pretty close in taste to a wood burning oven.
I usually make mini/individual pizza and I cook 2 at a time.


We have had parties with 20 peoples and made pizzas for everybody,
it is more fun to be able to choose your own toppings,
and for the kids who are against tomato sauce, there is always the just cheese option!
Another way we have been using the oven at party is making pizza as appetizers,
and cutting them into bit size, the 2 favorite variations:
tomato cheese and pesto cheese,
people are simple in the end!


I make my dough using a recipe my cousin the Chef gave me (which I cannot share),
but it is a simple flour, water, yeast, salt and olive oil combination.
I also make my own pesto with roasted pine nuts, basil, Parmesan and olive oil,
easy and totally nut and garlic free (essential for different members of the family).
The large metal peel (nothing fancy, it is from Home Depot!) is very convenient,
 I use a little bit of corn meal under the dough for an easy release,
better than flower that can leave an after taste, and complainy children!
Now the only thing remaining to do for the perfect pizza party is a outdoor kitchen,
we have plans and dreams for it, it will happen eventually!

Happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...